SAVE WITH CAT REMAN PROGRAM
Factory remanufacturing of marine engines and parts in the CAT REMAN program is an ALTERNATIVE to new parts.
WHAT IS A CAT REMAN?
CAT REMAN is a program to remanufacture engines and parts, and consequently, reduce the operating costs of marine engines.
CAT REMAN remanufacturing program allows for restoring worn engines or parts to factory condition, as well as updating the software for a component to the most recent version.
Each CAT® product returned to us is disassembled and remanufactured to work as if it had just left the production line. However, it is offered at a fraction of the factory price, thanks to a refundable deposit option (called Core) for returning a used part or engine.
In addition, every REMAN remanufactured product purchased is covered by our full manufacturer’s parts warranty (as for new parts).
REMAN REMANUFACTURED PARTS
1. Engines and parts restored to original performance and quality at a fraction of the cost to maximise equipment efficiency and reduce operating costs.
2. Remanufactured components available off-the-shelf, at affordable prices and with extended warranty protection.
3. Sustainability, by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere, and minimizing the need for raw materials to produce new parts and components.
HOW IT WORKS?
The program involves replacing used parts/engines (so-called COMPONENTS) with remanufactured ones (so-called REMAN) at a price lower than price of a new (catalogue) part. The price for the REMAN part consists of the base price and the value of the refundable deposit for the returned component (the so-called CORE price)*.
REMAN COMPONENT: AS GOOD AS NEW
CORE RETURN CORE RETURN CORE RETURN CORE RETURN
When a CORE (component) is returned, it goes through a series of inspections. As a rule, the CAT team accepts fully assembled components - as long as they bear no signs of misuse, corrosion, cracks, mechanical damage or pitting.
5. STEP-BY-STEP PARTS CLEANING PROCESS
COMPONENT REMANUFACTURING COMPONENT REMANUFACTURING
After inspection, the CORE goes through a remanufacturing process at the CATERPILLAR factory. The component undergoes disassembly, detailed analysis and restoration to "as good as new" condition (Upgrade to New) and testing.
REMAN COMPONENTS PERFECTLY FIT ALL CAT EQUIPMENT
COMPONENT ASSEMBLY COMPONENT ASSEMBLY COMPONENT ASSEMBLY COMPONENT ASSEMBLY
The CORE is then reassembled and tested to ensure the highest quality (according to the latest specifications, emission standards and technical improvements that match the quality of new components). Whether it is the drivetrain or the electronics, CAT REMAN components perfectly fit all CAT equipment.
12 MONTHS OF CATERPILLAR WARRANTY
PRODUCT SUPPORTPRODUCT SUPPORT PRODUCT SUPPORTPRODUCT SUPPORT
Every CAT REMAN component comes with a 12-month Caterpillar parts warranty that covers service, maintenance work and unforeseen damage.
To benefit from the CAT REMAN PROGRAM:
- Deliver your used part or engine to us and get some or all Core deposit back
IMPORTANT! Even if your part is not suitable for remanufacturing, you can purchase a remanufactured part and its price will be lower than the price of a new part. The condition is to return the used CAT part.
YOU PURCHASED THE PART, SO WHAT’S NEXT?
- If you have purchased a remanufactured part and wish to send back the old one, please make sure that it is delivered to us no later than 30 working days from the date of the invoice for the remanufactured part.
- Return the genuine CAT® part complete and assembled, without operating fluids, in the genuine remanufactured part packaging.
- Be sure to include a copy of the invoice for the remanufactured part.
- Describe the shipment REMAN RETURN
*The entire procedure is described in detail here – read more.